Through the Site, we are creating a digital library of books written in Ukrainian and Cyrillic appropriate for Ukrainian children between the ages of birth to ten. The Site is available to the children’s parents or caretakers to assist them in readying the children for school and to provide their children with a free, safe, digital space to learn. Parents may access the Site using a computer, smartphone, or other device.
We collect information in two ways. First, we collect anonymous information automatically from your computer, phone, or other device when you use it to access the Site. Second, we may infrequently expressly request you to provide information in connection with certain activities.
- We use anonymous information that is automatically collected from your device, such as, for example, a computer’s Internet Protocol address, a mobile device identifier, or operating system, to support internal operations so that we can understand and monitor the usage of our Site and improve its performance.
- We do not engage in behavioral advertising on the Site so you will not see any advertising that is targeted to you based on your activity on the Site.
- You are free to choose whether to engage in activity, if any, on our Site that involves your submission of personal information, such as an email address, phone number, or other information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, whether online or offline. We will ask you for such information expressly. Currently, the activities on our Site do not require you to submit any personal information, but as we grow the Site, we anticipate this practice could change.
- If we ask you to submit personal information, we will explain in the sign-up or collection process how we will use the information (such as, for example, requesting an email address when you sign up your child to participate in a competition). We will use the information only as stated, other than in Special Circumstances which are described below.
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13
- Our collection of personal information on the Site is intended to follow the principles of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a U.S. law designed to protect the online privacy of children under the age of 13.
- We do not anticipate asking children under the age of 13 for any personal information. If we do, we will obtain parental consent before asking them for personal information on our Site, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA.
- In the event we collect personal information from children under the age of 13, we will not make it publicly available or enable children to do so on our Site. We will not condition a child’s participation in any activity or service on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
- Parents may contact us (at email@example.com) to review, update, or delete any of their children’s personal information that we may have collected and to elect for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected to support the internal operations of the Site. Some of this information is collected through third-party analytics tools. Internal operations include the following:
- to monitor metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
- to understand which activities and services are most popular;
- to understand the pages viewed on our Site;
- to understand generally the location of our users (e.g., country information);
- to recognize the browsers used to visit our Site, so that the content is adapted for the relevant browser; and
- to diagnose and fix technology problems.
Law Enforcement; Safety; Customer Service. We may access, preserve, and share your information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to (i) respond to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) or otherwise to take action because we believe it is required or advisable under the law; (ii) detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; (iii) limit our legal liability or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ourselves, any user of our Site, a third party or the general public including as part of investigations, or (iv) respond to your requests for customer service.
Security Notice. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent you have given us your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information collected through our Site will be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities. We or our service providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe or guarantee that information on the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Our Site uses technical and organizational measures to keep information collected secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers and use of electronic security systems and password protections to guard against unauthorized access.
OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
STORIES WITH CLEVER HEDGEHOG INFORMATION
Our Site is operated by Roberta M. Golinkoff and her team at the University of Delaware, 16 W. Main Street, Willard Hall, Newark, Delaware, 19716.
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 18 , 2023